1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Surround Sound

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by steve k, Dec 11, 2002.

1. steve k

steve k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Thanks for the info all I'v got to do now is decide which home cinima system to go for

I'v got a Toshiba 36ZP18 telly and am using the surrond sound on that at the moment and of course its not a patch on a seperate system.

I wanted to go the whole hog i.e ( Dennon amp, B & W speakers ) but the wife not to happy with large speakers in the living room.

So thought i'd start of with a package, was looking at the Acooustic Energy Aego P5 this got a good write up in What Hi Fi, as anyone got one or heard it for themselves.

Then there was the Mission Cinema m70 speaker package with the Yammaha RX-V430RDS.

Or the Yammaha RX-V630RDS with Kef KHT2005 speaker system.

Any other suggestions welcome, not to bothered if the amp dosn't have RDS so could probably go for a better amp.

2. jspone

jspone
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    go for the Denon/B&W combination and tell the wife where to get off

John

3. ANDY_DUTTON

ANDY_DUTTON

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    I use the Ego system to provide the extra channels required in a 7 channel system. (i.e I have expensive L/R speakers and use the Ego to provide all the others). I was really impressed with the way these speakers intergrated into my system. They are not the most revealing or outright dynamic, but they are extreemly easy to listen to and don't seem to give a stuff where you place them.

Regards,
    Andy.

4. rhoamish

rhoamish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm using the Aego P5 system, and I'm deeply happy with it. I've added an extra subwoofer (a cheap Yamaha unit, 130 quid) and it makes a big difference to the warmth and presence of the system.

It's somewhat surprising how good it sounds, as the cones in the satellites look pretty cheap. However, I reckon it's still good value, it's even good for CDs and radio (for a satellite system!).