1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Surround Sound

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by greggors, Jul 28, 2005.

1. greggors

greggors

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I have a Cambridge audio azur amp and a Cambridge audio DVD57 DVD player. I am wondering if I can add 2 rear speakers and maybe a sub to get the surround sound effect.
    The DVD player has in built decoder, so on the back it has photo sockets for all the surround sound outputs. I have decent front speakers andjust want some cheap rear ones as they wont be running very loud. Is there a way i can do it cheaply, without having to buy a AV reciever. I have seen cheap surround sound packages but not sure how these connect up and dont want to buy a whole system if i can get away with just some rear speakers.

Thanks

Chris

2. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    not on a stereo amp without an all in one or av reciever. unless you have another amp lying around just for the rears.

3. Bvan

Bvan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    a cheap second hand integrated amp will do. in fact for a long while i was using my girlfriends little micro system (including those speakers) for shotgun 4.0 surround setup. sounded fine to me. i dont beleve having good surround speakers makes much of a deifference on most material.

the only downside is that my denon universal does not have volume control, so if i turn change the volume on the fronts i got to do it to the rears as well, which is difficult to do acurately unless i stop paude the dvd and run test tones quickly.

b