• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Surround sound

curiousgeorge

Novice Member
Hi guys
Newbie here .No i have just bought a panasonic sa-HT520 surround sound .Now i can get surround sound dvd but not on DTV. there is no HDMI or opticle cable .Any help would be great please

Dolus

Prominent Member
I don't know what DTV is but if you just mean TV then the back of the HT520 has TV AUDIO in sockets to connect to a TV.
8424615700_1536567946.jpeg

Unless your TV is equally old it is unlikely to have analogue stereo sockets out, but all is not lost. If the TV has a headphone socket then you can use that. You will need a lead like this 3.5mm headphone jack to two phono plugs.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/kenable-3-5mm-Stereo-Phono-Plugs/dp/B01KGI8VJM

Dolus

Prominent Member
Same cable as above if you use the headphone socket on the laptop.

Are you sure your TV does not have a headphone socket? They no longer put them on the front but usually tucked away round the back. My Sony has the socket there and there is no indication of it even existing.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom