Surround Sound

S

Shemy

I received my speakers from Big Pockets today, they are the Umax/Yamada h8150 speakers here.

Im a complete newbie to this but basically I want the speakers to work on whatever sound comes from my tv. I especially want it to work with my xbox. I have heard things like needing Av packs and receivers but I have no idea.

So please can someone help me out on this one. If you need any more info just ask.

Thanks for listening.

These speakers are really designed for use with a PC.

They would also work with a DVD player that has a decoder built in. (If your DVD player has outputs for centre, rear and sub as well as left/right).

The best that you can probably hope to achieve is to have 2 of the speakers and the sub working. Plug Left/Right output from TV into sub. Connect L/R speakers to sub. Turn down TV volume. Hey presto, whatever comes out of your TV will now come through your free speakers. Stereo only though.

:thumbsup:

So no use for actual surround speakers? Not good, because I initially bought them for use with my xbox like i said.

You could buy the video box as mentioned by one of the guys who got them off there site for £30ish.

Whats the best surround sound package available these days compatible with my xbox?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom