surround sound...wires!

undercutter

Banned
Having laminate installed tomorrow so wires can't go under the carpet...just curious on ideas to run the wires without looking like an eyesore

spyder viewer

Distinguished Member
I assume the laminate will have an expansion gap around the edge with some quadrant to cover it. Put the wires under the quadrant!

undercutter

Banned
Good point! I need to get the wires down before the beading goes in.

Thanks for that totally forgot about that!

BlueWizard

Distinguished Member
D-LINE trunking or raceways can blend in pretty nicely. Though there are many brands available. You should find D-LINE in stock at many Building/Remodeling Supply Stores.

D-LINE - Home page

D-LINE - Trunking in the Home

dline_24.jpg

The Raceways can be painted, some come with a woodgrain texture, so they can be stained to match natural wood. They come in assorted sizes, and for various purposes.

They have what I would call 'Break Outs", or places where wire can exist the raceway cleanly -

dline_1.jpg

Also larger raceway to go ...say... from the Equipment Rack up to a wall mounted TV -

dline_18.jpg

This is a popular brand, but there are other brands available, and most Building Supply stores will have a variety in stock.

Steve/bluewizard

BlueWizard

Distinguished Member
Just discovered D-LINE has a YouTube page -

The principle will be the same with any brand.

Steve/bluewizard

Member 679663

Standard Member
Always happy to help if you need any specific questions answered. In terms of quadrant, D-Line has some great new flooring products that will allow you to use the quadrant while the cables go inside - accessible if necessary but well hidden - the link is Floor Trims

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom