Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

This is my current set up-
Samsung LE32R88
PS3
Sky box (not sky+)

the ps3 is connected to the tv via hdmi, and the sky box is connected via scart

I am looking for a decent surround sound system (5.1) that is around £100, which I will connect straight to the ps3 via optical

also how would I get surround sound through my sky box seeing as it has no optical out?

thanks!

Hi guys

Samsung LE32R88
PS3
Sky box (not sky+)

I am looking for a decent surround sound system (5.1) that is around £100, which I will connect straight to the ps3 via optical

also how would I get surround sound through my sky box seeing as it has no optical out?

thanks!

Callum your dreaming pal if you think your gonna find a 5.1 home cinema system with an optical-input for under a hundred pound, it just isn't possible unless you grab a deal on EBay!
Off the top of my head I'd reckon you'd need to increase your budget to closing around the £200 mark. There are a gizillion posts on here on people asking about good budget AIO's with optical input, just use the 'search this forum' button.

Hi guys

Samsung LE32R88
PS3
Sky box (not sky+)

thanks!

you need sky+ to get proper 5.1 surround sound, otherwise connect your sky box up using phono leads and hope your amp has an option to transmit sound in stereo pairs instead of via 2 front speakers

CallumMc , you're not dreaming mate (no matter what welsh whirlwind thinks)

I've got this system - excellent in my opinion.
With the "all important" optical in.
£99.

Cheers.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5136144/Trail/searchtext%3EACOUSTIC+SOLUTIONS.htm

Fair enough, but note this post is in the 'All in one systems' section I assumed we were looking at a system with a DVD player. In that case you'd be extremely hard pressed (if not impossible) to find an AIO system with optical-in for the sub £100 mark.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom