surround sound through tv

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by gartshore, Jan 24, 2004.

1. gartshore

gartshore

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I have just setup my new pioneer dv313 with just the scart to the tv. I know the manual says you have to use a video cable to connect the sound to your tv but I had sound through my tv just using the scart lead. After a while I got distortion from the left side of my tv screen which went after I turned the dvd player off.
    Now I can not remember how I got the sound to work in the first place and was wondering if anybody knows the best way to get my surround sound to work through the tv with just the scart.
    If this is possible, sorry its so basic.

2. Northerner

Northerner
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    gartshore, you need to be a bit more specific here

do you mean DCS 313?

Not sure what you mean here - you can connect the 313 to the TV with a SCART cable and this will transmit video and audio signals to the TV but, make sure you are using a fully wired, good quality SCART cable connected to the RGB enabled AV input. Also make sure that the TV audio input is set to SCART.

This should put things right but you will only have stereo sound. To get surround sound you will need to connect all the 313 speakers otherwise the unit will not function correctly.

3. DDDavo

DDDavo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, can you explain exactly what you want to do and what you are doing?

Thanks