surround sound system

G

Gareth33

Please help.

I have ust got my sony 50" tv anhd philips hdmi dvd player.

Now looking for a good surround sound system to hood it all up to.

Any advice on where to start would be welcome, my budget is around £250 or more if its really worth it.

Thank you

rhino2k

Distinguished Member
for £250 you will get a fairly decent AV amp, then spend £100 on a 5.1 speaker package with an active sub if you are on a budget :smashin:

G

Gareth33

room is about 8ft by 13.

If you mean all in 1 including DVD player then no as the philips was purchased to provide HDMI ow just need to get surround sound jout of it and the TV.

Any s uggestions would be great, thank you

Knyght_byte

Novice Member
with a TV that size, tbh, you need to spend a bit more than £250, sure you could pick up something for the money, but why settle for barely reasonable?.....

say you can hit around £300 atm, i'd say buy a surround amp for around £200, then pick up a £100 pair of front floorstanders to give you reasonable music and film sound.........then in future pick up a matching centre and rear speakers.......then eventually get yourself a decent subwoofer......
buying it all now for only £250-300 isnt gonna give you a lot, splitting it up and being patient can pay dividends.....might take you a year or two to finish teh setup, but when your done you'll have far better sound.....seriously.....

rhino2k

Distinguished Member
Gareth33 said:
room is about 8ft by 13.

If you mean all in 1 including DVD player then no as the philips was purchased to provide HDMI ow just need to get surround sound jout of it and the TV.

Any s uggestions would be great, thank you
an AV Amp is an amplifier that you can plug all your AV gear into i.e tv/dvd/sky ect. they generally come in the 5.1 variety ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom