1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Surround Sound System help

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by gazzfoth, Jun 7, 2003.

1. gazzfoth

gazzfoth
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just purchased this - http://www.cyber-acoustics.com/go/t...=products&category=Speakers&model=CA-5150R-uk
    and i'm having some problems with it. I'm fairly new to the whole 'PC sound system' thing. I connected all the speakers up correctly and plugged the power in and switched on. The manual says I can connect the system to an mp3 player or a CD player, i have tried this and nothing happens. When i switch on the system i cant here a faint buzzing noise coming from the subwoofer. I have just purchased the Creative Sound Blaster Live 5.1 but havent recieved it yet. I conected the system up to my 2 channel sound card in my PC but again no sound comes from it. Do i need to install specific drivers for the system?

2. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,245
    According to the website you linked to the system works with 5.1, 4.1 or 2 channel inputs so it should work with your 2 channel sound card.

You say you are new to the whole PC sound thing so I will start with the very basic.

First of all what type of sound card do you have?

Also if it is like most sound cards there is about 3 or 4 sockets all the same size on the sound card. You need to make sure that you have plugged it into the speaker socket and not the MIC or other socket. (apologies if you have already done this, but it is always best to start with the basics).

Also check that the sound hasn't been muted in the volume controls.

If this doesn't help and it is a more technical problem then hopefully someone else can help because thats about as far as my PC sound knowledge goes!

Greg