Surround Sound System for PS5

BK77677

Novice Member
I'd like to buy a 5.1 surround sound system to use with my PS5, PC and Switch. Prefer a traditional home theater setup with a receiver but would consider a soundbar. It's needs 4K compatibility for the PS5, I need 2 or more HDMI ports (preferably 2.0 or 2.1) and an optical port. I need small speakers as I don't have much space, but I'm more concerned with finding the right receiver to use with the PS5. I've seen comments where people are having problems using some receivers with the PS5 (particularly the Yamaha 495OU), so any help would be greatly appreciated! I live in the US.

Darbo

I'd like to buy a 5.1 surround sound system to use with my PS5, PC and Switch. Prefer a traditional home theater setup with a receiver but would consider a soundbar. It's needs 4K compatibility for the PS5, I need 2 or more HDMI ports (preferably 2.0 or 2.1) and an optical port. I need small speakers as I don't have much space, but I'm more concerned with finding the right receiver to use with the PS5. I've seen comments where people are having problems using some receivers with the PS5 (particularly the Yamaha 495OU), so any help would be greatly appreciated! I live in the US.
I've got the Denon 2700, it's great, it does have the 4k/120 problem that the recievers from last year have but it's not been an issue with ps5 as it outputs at 1080p with 120fps.
It's got more than enough hdmi inputs as well as two outputs, give it a look.

Last edited:

BK77677

Novice Member
I've got the Denon 2700, it's great, it does have the 4k/120 problem that the recievers from last year have but it's not been an issue with ps5 as it outputs at 1080p with 120fps.
It's got more than enough hdmi inputs as well as two outputs, give it a look.
Thank you. I need to run the PS5 in 4K through the receiver and out to my monitor (not a TV) using HDMI. The monitor is an LG and does 60 fps at 4K. In addition, I need to run my PC into the receiver, most likely using an optical cable. Do you think I could achieve this with the Denon 2700?

Darbo

Thank you. I need to run the PS5 in 4K through the receiver and out to my monitor (not a TV) using HDMI. The monitor is an LG and does 60 fps at 4K. In addition, I need to run my PC into the receiver, most likely using an optical cable. Do you think I could achieve this with the Denon 2700?
Absolutely, here's a pic of the rear of the amp, 2 optical in, 2 component in, 1 component out, 6 hdmi in, 2 out.
Denon_AVR_X2700H_Image_Gallery_EU_03.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom