1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Surround sound speakers distorting dialogue?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Bob_the_enginee, Dec 26, 2002.

1. Bob_the_enginee

Bob_the_enginee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there, I have a new AV setup consisting of the Yamaha HTiB-45 kit. Which is the HTR-5540RDS Amp and the NS-P220 speakers.

I am having an issue with the surround sound speakers bleeding dialogue out which they shouldn't and the dialogue is very 'tinny'. This does not happen on 5.1 soundtracks or proper Dolby Pro Logic tracks (including most adverts).

However during Eastenders and My Family I was getting the dialogue bleeding thru, however it is only VERY quiet and certainly is not audible unless your ear is CLOSE to the speaker and it is swamped by any proper Surround Sound track. It also happens Dolby Pro Logic II. It stops when I put in it a DSP mode like Concert Hall or something.

I was wondering if this is normal decoding, or if my amp is screwed already?

Thanks

Mike

2. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    hi bob
    if you look through the threads you will see this has been asked before . Apparently it has somthing to do with the proccesing of prologic 2 it affects quite afew receivers not just yamahas so dont worry as youve noticed it does'nt do it on dts or dolby digital.
    gonzo:)

3. Bob_the_enginee

Bob_the_enginee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for the reply - and I accept my mild rebuke in the festive manner it was meant :)