• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Surround sound on xbox360 through an LG HT353 SD?

JimJ87

Standard Member
Hi,

I recently bought an LG HT353 SD surround sound system with the aim of being able to play my xbox360 in surround sound. I was told at the store that I'd need an optical cable to get surround sound through other sources (optical as for the best quality). The player however, after looking at the back for ages and then finding out on this site, doesn't support an optical cable.

I am wondering, what kind of cable should or could I use to achieve xbox360 surround sound through it? If there is any...

I emailed the LG help services on saturday but they are still yet to reply.

J4CK DANIELS

Established Member
unfortunately that model is the basic model and doesn't support any way of getting a DIGITAL signal in to it... the only way is to use the phono audio in from your xbox cable (White and Red) that way you'll get the VIRTUAL surround but not true 5.1 :(

JimJ87

Standard Member
That system will be going back, pointless waste if I'm not getting the full surround sound as I'm not too interested in films.

I have 2 options, either take back the system and get another which I know has an optical connection. Should this work in conjunction with my xbox360?

Or

I can buy the separates and have an independant set up with a receiver and speakers but I am not too sure on what I would need to be buying and also at what costs. Would this be a better idea or not?

Thanks

System I am looking at is a SONY DAV-DZ260. Which from my limited knowledge, looks a bargain for what I want it for. 850w total output which far exceeds what I need, optical cable connection and hdmi connections. Would this suit my purpose?

Last edited:

RottenFox

Distinguished Member
850w total output which far exceeds what I need, optical cable connection and hdmi connections. Would this suit my purpose?

ignore the figures,as they are complete fantasy..

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom