Surround sound on-wall setup for small room/office?

BobbyBeta

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking for a little advice on upgrading my speaker setup. I have a small room that acts as my office and tv room with my PC and desk next to the tv, I use this to play games, watch movies, and listen to some music (though generally most of the music listening is done elsewhere in the house).
The room is I think about 16'x12' (Edit: Just measured it's 15'x11') and does open to another slightly larger room through an open door way to the right of the tv.

I'm currently using a Samsung HTIB but just recently acquired a Onkyo NR757 and would like to take advantage of the better receiver. Given the space I would like to mount my speakers on the wall but I'm not opposed to mounting them in the wall...I'm just not sure if the room setup is ready to be that finalized. This room did/does have two speakers mounted in the ceiling when we bought the house, I have gotten them to play sound but I know nothing about them. They're currently in bad locations for my setup for Atmos height, but I would like to eventually try to relocate them for a 5.1.2 setup.

The speaker's I'm currently considering:
1. Cambridge Audio Minx 22 325
2. Kef T 105 or 205
3. Q Acoustics 3000 series

I think with any of these systems I'm going to buy the speakers instead of the whole package and use a SVS SB-1000 sub.

I was trying to avoid getting floorstanders but I am considering trying to move things around and get the QA 3050 floorstanders but I would prefer the aesthetics of the 3010s or either the CA or Kef series.

Unfortunately there isn't anywhere near me that I can listen to any of these speakers.

I do have a Boston Acoustics 2.1 currently on my PC and would consider using those but the subwoofer is more of a control module and appears to need a L/R signal sent to it via RCA or 3.5...and they are currently serving as my PC speakers anyways. I would definitely appreciate a comparison of the sound between at least the CA Minx 22s and the BA speakers.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Hello BobbyBeta,

Thank you for considering Q Acoustics 3010 and 3050 speakers.

Obviously, we're not entirely neutral in these matters, but in our opinion, the 3010 combined with an SVS subwoofer will deliver astonishingly good results.

Best regards

Q Acoustics

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom