1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

surround sound needed - aego P5 or somrthing like.

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by onelife2000, Oct 21, 2005.

1. onelife2000

onelife2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Hi - bit of a newbie at AV stuff. Have just bought the new Philips 32" ambilight 9830 LCD - and now I need a Surround setup... however have run out of cash - so need to be cheap <= £320

My old flatmate have the AE aego P5 (mk1) and the sound was amazing - but have noticed all the hissing problems... his one does this strange rising pitch thing for about 2 minutes when you turn it on at the moment.

So can anyone recommend a decent all in one - or speaker/decoder set. ideally not a huge unit!

ta in advance...

2. onelife2000

onelife2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
  3. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,678
    Try these for a nice starter pack http://ws3.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=YAMA-NSP240 as it will go well with the amp, or these are alittle more up market http://ws3.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=TANN-FX5.1-SIL , i wouldn't bother with anything cheaper though, as your getting the speaker for something like £10 each including the subwoofer, and you can't make good speaker that retail for that price (take away shipping, tax, profit for distributors and retailer the speaker probably cost about £1.99 to make includign labour), even when taking into account the argument of economeny of scale ect.

4. onelife2000

onelife2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21