• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Surround Sound/Music Speakers for RX2050

JoeMand08

Novice Member
Hi,

I’m a bit of a novice as far as these kinds of things are concerned so any help or advice anybody can give me would be hugely appreciated.

I have a budget of between £2 and £3,000 - ideally I’d like to keep my investment at the lower end, but I could go up to £3,000 if it’ll make a big difference - to upgrade my surround and music system. The difficulty I’m having is that, having read through countless explanations of problems and opinions re speakers and receivers, I’m still a little unsure about how best to proceed.

My current intention is to purchase a receiver like the Yamaha RX A2050 as I would really like to ultimately have a Dolby Atmos setup. It’s the speakers I’m most struggling with, though. I’m finding it difficult to identify speakers, or a range of speakers, which are both recommended for the 2050 and conceivable within my budget. I have had the Dali Zensor 7 package recommended to me (http://exceptional-av.co.uk/home-ci...-a2050-dali-zensor-7-5-1-speaker-package.html), but I have also read on this forum that those speakers will struggle to really get the best out of the 2050. In short, I’m a little stuck for ideas and don’t want to end up with something outdated when I could have held off or saved a bit more to get something a bit better.

ShanePJ

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Firstly I'd say go and find someone who will demo the system you are looking at. You will have to travel as dealers who are out there are getting a little further from each other due to closures.

As for the system, always look at more than one dealer and best of all try and support the guy's who support these forums..

Audio Visual Online, HiFix plus many other AVForums Advertiser all help to keep these forums going and supporting them means you're also helping yourself as these guys are always happy to assist if something goes wrong too as they wouldn't be on here if they valued your custom.

The speakers you have chosen are fine and I cannot see anything wrong with the choice of your amp. All I'd say is give these guys ago as I'm sure they will be able to give you a true experience when purchasing.

Regards, Shane.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom