• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Surround Sound Help

AGrenade

Standard Member
Hi,

I've got a setup with a Samsung LCD, Xbox 360, DirecTV receiver, and a Samsung dvd/audio reciever combo.

Now the problem is that I've had the digital optical audio cable going directly from the DirecTV receiver to the surround sound system, but I recently added the Xbox to the setup and I want that to be in surround sound too. So I moved the audio cable from the DirecTV to the port on the LCD, and now the DirecTV and Xbox audio does not come out of the left and right rear speakers. I've tried playing around with some settings but to no avail.

Any help, tips, or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Miss Chief

Distinguished Member
The only way you'll get surround sound is by connecting them both to the receiver, which may not be possible. You may require an optical signal switch.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom