Surround sound headset for online gaming please help

Shalaska

Standard Member
Reaction score
hello ,
i'm new to this forum and i was just wondering if you guys knew of any decent headsets that support surround sound and have a mic, i was considering the Astro pro A40 + amp but they no longer deilever to the UK.
The alternatives i have found are :
http://www.cooleststuff.co.uk/WsProduct.asp?sessid=126322694664&BPID=4429

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=373568

i heared both drown the XBL voice chat unlike the Astro A40's

overall is there any difference between the two links i provided?
which should i purchase i would like to the run them through optical if possible

if there are any alternatives you guys know of please tell me

many thanks
Shalaska

Have a look at the post at the bottom of the page.

I have the trittons, xbox works fine on them so long as you dont have the game volume really loud, come with very good instructions even explaining what to do in your xbox settings. For me though, far too many wires to live with, power supply, controller box, then plug the headphones into the xbox controller, i personally didnt think the sound quality was that good on them. It appears your paying a fair bit for all the wires etc it comes with. The toggle to adjust the headphone speaker levels is totally unreadable so you can never bloody tell what speaker you're adjusting. Since decided to try some pioneer wireless (just arrived) , if i really have to talk / listen on xbox then ill switch back to my amp speakers wireless headset combo.

Then again the reviews i read on them said they were 'awesome' for gaming, terrified the reviewer apparently playing ravenholm on hl2 using them. Personally, i thought cod4 sounded crap through them :D

thanks all i need to know i bought the sharkoon ones, however im only using them as temp headsets until A40's arrive in EU or the until that website ships to the UK, for £62 inc deilevery from scan can't really go wrong :D:D:D:D:D, once i recieve them on monday i will do a review and maybe comparison to a few headsets i borrowed from my friends :)

i contacted the people that make the a40's recently and they said they ship to the uk?

i contacted the people that make the a40's recently and they said they ship to the uk?

this is a reply e-mail from Astro, i they did ship UK i would buy one straight away

We’re actually temporarily halting shipments outside of the us. For a month or two until we fix a couple things. Sorry about that, but we have a few small bugs that we want to work out before we start shipping internationally.

Also if the sharkoon headset does break it has a 1 year warranty ? i hope.

last thing scan.co.uk have sent me sharkoon v1 instead of v2 what should i do? i've already opened the pack not knowing this :(

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom