Surround sound gaming wiring

Dukenukem006

Novice Member
New to forum

We have a projector with hdmi and scart and surround sound with DVD player with only scart ..I want to connect ps4 also so have bought hdmi to scart connector how do I connect them to make all work I have tried with wiring with scart to a splitter scart box with 2 scarts connected on input and output connected to surround but get no sound

ChuckMountain

Welcome btw :)

Have you got any of it hooked at the moment?

Can you send a link of your hdmi to SCART adaptor please?

Depending on your response I think it isn't going to be particularly pretty but.

HDMI from PS4 direct to projector
Optical out from PS4 (if it's not a slim) to DVD player
Component from DVD to projector

Dukenukem006

Novice Member
Welcome btw :)

Have you got any of it hooked at the moment?

Can you send a link of your hdmi to SCART adaptor please?

Depending on your response I think it isn't going to be particularly pretty but.

HDMI from PS4 direct to projector
Optical out from PS4 (if it's not a slim) to DVD player
Component from DVD to projector
I'm not at home projector scart goes into a scart splitter input
Ps4 hdmi lead goes into hdmi to scart box then into other scart input on splitter the the output scart lead goes in dvd/surround

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
HDMI to SCART - requires active electronics so has to be a 'box' rather than a cable as while you can purchase a cable terminated with HDMI at one end and SCART at the other they are useless 99.9% of the time as they are a non standard cable.

Joe

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Looking at your SONY DAV units manual the SCART socket is marked as an Output - you will require a digital audio cable between the PS4 and the DAV unit.

Joe

ChuckMountain

As per my question to double check do you have a PS4 slim as that doesn't have an optical output?

And you should not be converting PS4 from HDMI to Scart as that will give you a far inferior picture than direct connection.

Dukenukem006

Novice Member
As per my question to double check do you have a PS4 slim as that doesn't have an optical output?

And you should not be converting PS4 from HDMI to Scart as that will give you a far inferior picture than direct connection.
It's a normal one I have no choice to change to scart as surround is only scart it's an old but good system

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Refer back to Post #4 by ChuckMountain - your connectivity should be as follows:

SONY DAV DZ700
Video - 3RCA to 3RCA (carrying Component video to the Projector).

SONY PS4
Video - HDMI to HDMI to the Projector
Optical Digital Audio - carrying digital audio to the DAV DZ700

You can now recycle your SCART cables and connectors :)

Joe

ChuckMountain

Agree with Joe and you will end up with the optimum picture that is HD for the PS4 and component which is better than Scart for your DVD player.

Dukenukem006

Novice Member
Refer back to Post #4 by ChuckMountain - your connectivity should be as follows:

SONY DAV DZ700

SONY PS4

Joe
Thanks mate ordered cables will give it a go when it arrives
When I want to watch dvd will that work ..or will I have to just plug another lead in

ChuckMountain

No you if you want to watch a DVD then you will have to switch the PJ input to Component.

Watch the PS4, switch PJ to HDMI and the Surround system to the optical input for surround sound.

Dukenukem006

Novice Member

SONY DAV DZ700

SONY PS4

Joe
Hi Joe

It's my sons setup and he said it's not slim ps4 I've ordered cable and it is a slim so no optical cable what else do I need .thx in advance

Trending threads

Latest threads

Top Bottom