• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Surround Sound For Toshiba Regza and PC With AV Output

Haggis1984

Standard Member
Hi!

Bit of a technophobe. I'd love to connect some surround sound to both my TV and PC (PS3 too if possible).

My concern is that when I shopped around a couple of years ago there seemed to be some confusion with what surround sound systems it was possible to connect to the TV (Toshiba Regza).

Can anyone advise what sort of system I'd need? Looking to keep it under £150 if possible.

davepuma

Distinguished Member
Unfortunately with that sort of budget you will be limited to an all-in-one system with a built in player which you don't need as you already have a bluray player in the ps3. All-in-one systems tend to lack inputs so you would end up having to compromise and run all the audio via the tv and output from the tv's audio out which is usually optical (digital) or analogue phono. Often tv's will not output audio from external sources or it will be limited to stereo.

My advice would be increase the budget a little and get something like the Yamaha YHT-196 for around £180. It has a few inputs that should cope with your sources and give you hd audio via HDMI from the ps3.

Haggis1984

Standard Member
Found it at Richer Sounds for £180.

If I got to low £200's could I get much improvement?

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom