1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Surround sound for my XBOX

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Dirty Sanchez, Sep 27, 2003.

1. Dirty Sanchez

Dirty Sanchez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im looking for a surround sound set up for my XBOX, anyone got any suggestions for a good system for around £150 P.S Soul Calibur ROCKS!!!

2. mrmcdean

mrmcdean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    A friend of mine recently bought one of the Creative labs systems for his X Box - I think he got it for £150.00 with cables included (check just in case & make sure its the one with the digital decoder). Sounds pretty good for the money. I have a similar setup without the decoder on my PC and I have no complaints. I think you can run a couple of things through it not just a single piece of kit.

3. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a Scan AV6 system for my PC, and it gives great sound for the price. Scan currently list it at £163.00, but you can often find it on the Today page for cheaper. (just check back each day, as they rotate many of the products)

I'm using mine with my XBox as well, and Halo never sounded so good!

4. Sicton

Sicton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've been wanting to buy a surround sound kit for about 6 months now. I finally placed an order for a nice Yamaha kit from Empire Direct at the end of August but was later told that they wouldn't be restocking the product for a few weeks, so I cancelled it.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do now as I want to buy a new PC but would like to buy a nice separates kit. It's all getting a bit too expensive.

5. Dirty Sanchez

Dirty Sanchez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys, will check those suggetions out coz I need a decent sound system before HALO II comes out!! P.S Have you all seen the 8 minute HALO II demo...looks AWESOME!!

6. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    Unfortunately mate, you can't get a good system for £150. Only a **** poor one, and i doubt with speakers touching anywhere near 5wpc rms.

7. Sicton

Sicton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I wouldn't go as far as saying a **** poor one. You can get a system which sounds good to the novice surround sound buyer but lacks any kind of intergrity to a surround sound expert!

8. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, my system sounds great to me. It doesn't have much in the way of power, but since I'm playing in a 6X8 room, it's not an issue.