1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Surround Sound and a DVD Recorder

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by tony6403, Nov 22, 2003.

1. tony6403

tony6403

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am likely now to buy a Panasonic E50 ( having read the advice in this forum ) and would also like to get a decent surround system at the same time. The systems that I have looked at in Comet , Currys etc. all seem to have a DVD player as an integral part . Clearly I don't want an extra device . What should I do please.

regards

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,212
    Buy seperates! Seriously goto the Receivers forum
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=44
    ...and ask for their opinions but nearly always your best course of action is buy a seperate receiver and speakers (as opposed to an all in one) as this allows best performance suited to your needs as well as the ability to upgrade later. Unless you are looking at a very cheap all-in-one a basic 'seperates' setup won't cost much more. Anyway you'll find the best advice on that forum with regard to stuff like this.

If your really sold on the all in one route then you might like to wait until next year when Panasonic will be selling an all in one setup with a modified Panasonic E50 at the core early next year. There is a picture of it in the current Home Cinema Choice magazine.

3. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,212
    I should also point out that several companies (Panasonic, JVC) do "all in one" receivers which you can use with any existing DVD player. Again best to discuss these in the forum mentioned.

4. narabdela

narabdela

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    The Panasonic SAXR range of home cinema receivers make a very good cosmetic match with the E-50 when they are stacked together and will outperform most one-box systems.

:) :) :)

5. dude1971

dude1971

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Seperates can be bought very cheaply if you want to go for last years models, Richer Sounds will sort you out.

Regards

Dude

6. wilby

wilby
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You could try this?

http://www.panasonic.co.uk/mybid/home.asp

I think it's the DVD recorder/receiver Rasczak mentions above?

Looks good IMO.

Stick a HDD &/or twin DVB tuners and you've got one hell of a one box solution!!

7. phelings

phelings
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All in ones should be a last resort for the cost conscious buyer.Bear in mind,that if you buy from Comet or Currys they will not supply a multi region machine from a quality company.MR would be restricted to bottom of the scale far east junk with remote control hacks