1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

surround question

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Riven123, Feb 7, 2004.

1. Riven123

Riven123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does it make a large difference if my sound left is about 2 feet further away from the listener than my surround right? they can be mounted at the same hieght but my left wall is slightly farther away.

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    It will make very little difference in the surround speakers as they are very difficult to space equally anyway unless you only have one listener.

3. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +933
    Your amp/receiver's delay times/speaker distances will help compensate anyway. :)

4. Riven123

Riven123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    alright thx guys. 1 more question how far apart should the front speakers be? i saw that they are suppose to be 45deg but im not going to be able to get them that far away. i am only going to be able to get each speaker about 4 feet from the tv 8 feet from each other. am i going to have to rearrange my room? they are just outside the sides of my couch. will a person on the side of the couch still be able to hear the surround? even though one speaker will only be about 1 feet to his outside and about 5 feet forward??i I am afrard they might here that one as closer to center? is this setup going to be bad?