1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Surround EX software/Denon Amp

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by miketango75, Dec 27, 2000.

1. miketango75

miketango75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Have any DVD titles been released yet which have the Dolby Digital ex flag on ?

I have DTS ES and THX EX titles. Only the DTS ES ones seem to have the 'flag' which automatically turns on the surround back.

I am using a denon avc-a10se/poa-t10 amp, the menu option THX SURROUND EX is set to 'AUTO'. If I play the latest release of 'Seven' with DTS ES soundtrack selected then the amp automatically turns on the surround back speakers and the surround back LED goes green (SB information present). However if I select the Dolby Digital EX soundtrack the amp does not automatically play using the surround back speakers and the appropriate LED shows red (no SB information present). Therefore to listen to the Dolby Digital EX soundtrack I have to select, on the amp, the menu option THX SURROUND EX and select 'ON'. Unfortunately this causes all Dolby Digital 5.1 software to play using the surround back speakers. Hence the question at the top...

Any ideas/suggestions

Ian

2. PFM

PFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    The Perfect Storm

According to the box is Dolby Digital 5.1 ex

Have a nice day.....

------------------
    If you're gonna shoot... shoot! don't talk.

3. miketango75

miketango75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Thankyou for the reply,

I have tried The Perfect Storm. It is, as you say EX. I have this movie along with several titles that are either EX or DTS ES.

I am trying to ascertain if any titles exist that have the special EX decoding flag yet. Unfortunately The Perfect Storm doesn't, you have to force the amp to play the title in EX.

Ian