Surrogates Blu-ray Review

Tech News

News Supplying Robot
Reviewed by Alan Paterson, 25th January 2010
The recent Bruce Willis Sci-Fi extravaganza ‘Surrogates’ lands on Region A locked Blu-ray with a very good 1080p AVC/MPEG-4 transfer framed at 2.40:1. Colours are strong as they emulate the original graphic novel in style with added grain for texture. The DTS-HD MA 5.1 surround track will give your sound system a workout with plenty of surround effects and powerful score, although the enveloped dialogue was muddy in a few places. Director Jonathan Mostow provides an interesting comm track for production buffs, while a couple of featurettes, a set of deleted scenes and Music video by Breaking Benjamin round off the package. As a movie, there’s plenty going on here to hold an audience’s interest as FBI Agent Greer (Willis) tries to work out who is killing off surrogate doubles and their owners. Maybe not totally original, but entertaining none the less.

Read the full review...

I must have something wrong with my system then as the sound on this was flat and lifeless - and the film was defo the wrong side of a 5 for me...though on the sound side, the one I was watched was the UK Region B rental copy - but still DTS HD MA (supposedly)

kmac_17

Standard Member
I must have something wrong with my system then as the sound on this was flat and lifeless - and the film was defo the wrong side of a 5 for me...though on the sound side, the one I was watched was the UK Region B rental copy - but still DTS HD MA (supposedly)

I thought the sound was ok, dnt think its anything with your system.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom