1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Surprised there is no chat about Express...

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Stuart Wright, Mar 12, 2001.

1. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,554
    Nobody picked up on the news posting of 11th?

2. Confucius

Confucius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    Gotta say I stopped using them a while back, early '00 in fact. Nothing wrong with their service or prices, just the fact they shipped directfrom the US to the UK. Yeah, I know 'we' are liable for customs charges anyhow, but with Express there were no loopholes (a la Amazon/Amsterdam connection).

Sad to see another .com retailer bite the dust - well, only because it sold DVD's and dts cd's - (if that's what transpires) but as we say in England, c'est la vie.

3. Hendrik

Hendrik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ...what of it? ... companies come, companies go... the law of the jungle & all that!... plenty of other e-tailers left to place orders for R1 DVDs with...

. . .

[This message has been edited by Hendrik (edited 12-03-2001).]

4. Jenz

Jenz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I used to buy 7 DVDs at a time from Express.

Then the preorder discount began to disappear, then the fiasco I had about them not sending the *Adult* title Sex & Zen (top movie by the way) to me in the UK, its a BBFC 18 and I found that there were better suppliers elsewhere.

They were however one of the few suppliers that would send Polemon Gold & Silver to the UK on USA launch. That was probably my last order with them.

------------------
    Webmaster,
    Bullets n Babes DVDs HT Pics

5. Black 5

Black 5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I'm a bit gutted and always raved about their service which I always found exceptional. Never mind - the jury's still out on who else is any good though - I used Laser Visual Software on the strength of a recommendation here only to find their deliveries are snarled up in a postal strike - is this deja vu for my experiences with play247 and express of late?