Surprise presents you can't do without.

• Thread starter Deleted member 30535
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 30535

We all get presents from time to time which are as useful as a chocolate fireguard. And we all get presents from time to time which we can't do without.

What presents have you received (without you asking for a specific present) that you can't do without?

Two come to mind for me:

(1) Karcher pressure washer
(2) Corby Trouser press.

Joke pressie - Simpsons bottle opener. Wouldn't use it normally, so it's always in the back of the drawer when we can't find one of the decent ones :) There'd have been quite a few boozeless nights if it hadn't been for that thing!

oddly enough, also a bottle opener, kind of a joke pressie from the g/f's mum.... its one that has a magnet so it sticks to the fridge, no more hunting around the thousands of kitchen drawers we have trying to find where our lass has put the big bottle opener this time....:rolleyes::D

Wallet. Never ever buy my own, but each time I get bought one, it's used until it's falling to bits or until it gets noticed it's falling to bits, and I get bought another for Christmas or whatever :)

oddly enough, also a bottle opener, kind of a joke pressie from the g/f's mum.... its one that has a magnet so it sticks to the fridge, no more hunting around the thousands of kitchen drawers we have trying to find where our lass has put the big bottle opener this time....:rolleyes::D

I open mine with my teeth.

Now know the reason i don't have many teeth left :blush:

action

I'm not sure if it's on the same scale (it was my main present as opposed to a little thing), but last year's Christmas present from my wife was a total surprise, and it was one of the (if not the) best gifts I ever received: 12 envelopes, each with a month of the year on it. Every second month was a voucher/reservation/booking for a night out together - restaurant, concert, whatever. Every other month was a night in with a bottle of champagne and a certain...theme. (I'll leave that up to your imagination.)

It's truly the gift that keeps on giving. :devil:

I also have to second the magnetic Simpsons bottle opener - I continue to get plenty of use from that stocking filler.

Some TurtleBeach headphones that I got for my Xbox. Great stuff and still going strong quite a few years later.

Think lack of teeth is more likely due to drinking gallons of pop every day. ;)

Lost them years before my drinking addiction :D

Punches and kicks are to blame.And that's just from the wife :laugh:

Quite a few years back, my brother bought me the McFarlane 18" Michael Meyers figure which was quite a surprise as it was a lot more than he would normally spend, but it was his first year working so he spent a lot more on everyone that year. I still have it now, along with another 7 or so McFarlane and Neca 1:4 scale figures that i've bought since. And my girlfriend's bought me a couple of t-shirts that i like, that's about all I can think of.. i'm not really big on surprises to be honest, I prefer to just get a bunch of blu-rays that i've been too cheap to buy for myself.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom