Question Surgical Microscope HDMI camera/TV connection problem.

Dfens17

Novice Member
Dear all - I am trying to connect a sony alpha 6000 camera to a samsung TV. It is connected to a surgical operating microscope. The output from the camera is a mini hdmi head that has a full size male at the other end that just plugged into the TV and that worked fine. It automatically switched the input on the TV when it was switched on and displayed live feed from the camera ( which is mains powered) just fine.
However, the camera has been moved now and the cabling runs into the ceiling where another regular male/ male hdmi lead lives and is plugged into another (albeit newer) samsung TV. The two leads are then connected in the roof space by a little female female jointing device I got off Amazon.
Unfortunately now when i switch on the camera, the source changes but the screen is black!
Do I just need a 500ft(!!!!) cable from my camera directly to the TV, thus skipping the joining of the two cables in the loft space or is there something i need to do with the TV?
Sorry if this seems contorted, but its driving me bonkers.
All help gratefully received

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom