1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Surge Protectors/Extension Leads

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Tesla, Mar 2, 2004.

1. Tesla

Tesla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I currently have a 4 gang bog standard extension lead on my AV stuff.

Opposite sides of my room.

I want to get some sort of surge protector and power "cleaner" on the AV gear.

Any recomendations?

£60 Monster cable in Comet?

I can get it for cheaper as i work there.

\\Chris

2. Krance

Krance

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My personal opinion of the Monster Power centers is good... not good because I can see a difference, not good because I can hear the difference but good because I know I am protected a little against fluctionations and surges and the like

3. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    I've yet to see a cable that has protection against fluctuations !

If you have £60 to spend - buy a UPS - like the 1200VA one from Ebuyer (Quickfind: 64159) which will power your gear through short power interruptions, and protect against spikes and surges. What's more, you'll get £13 change from your £60 :thumbsup:

The cheaper "Surge arrester" cables has a device inside that blows like a fuse at the first sign of a surge, and after that, all you have is an ordinary power strip.

If you buy the Ebuyer unit, it has IEC (kettle type) sockets on the back for power output, and you will need cables (Quickfind: 40660).