1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Surge Protector?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by daylightfading, Jan 1, 2005.

1. daylightfading

daylightfading

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Aplologies if this is in the wrong forum but I decided to purchase an 8 socket Stanley surge protector. All sockets now used up with tv, panny 55 etc etc but was wondering if these surge protectors are supposed to be silent as this one although working okay gives a humming type of noise?

Cheers

2. bobcar

bobcar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I've not used this one but I've had several Belkins and none of them hummed. It definitely sounds faulty.

3. daylightfading

daylightfading

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Would you say that it should be absolutely silent? I can hear this one even when the tv is on. Was thinking of returning it but perhaps getting another make.

4. jtzi

jtzi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I too have several belkin surge protectors (Gold series 8 socket) and none of them hum. I would definately recommend the Belkin - do a search on this forum for more advice but I have heard stories of them taking lightning strikes and because of the lifetime warranty that belkin offers they have been replaced with new ones. Brilliant :smashin: