Surge protected mains extender

Which one of these would you say are better?

• Monster 750G

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • IXOS XHP285

• Other

• Total voters

warzinak

Standard Member
I want to buy my first surge protected mains extender, never had one so do not know much about them, are they all the same?
I have been lucky to never have any problems so far but I do not want to push it.

2 that seem well priced at the moment are the.....

Monster 750G for £19
or
IXOS XHP285 for £20

Had a look at Belkin ones that I have seen mentioned on here once or twice but they are twice the price.

I need 1 for my TV / AVR / SW / PS3 / HTPC setup and 1 for my PC / Stereo / CD / Turntable setup.
Should I just get 1 of each? Or is one better than the other?

I do currently use OnNetworks Powerline adapters, do these have their own built in?

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
What are you looking to protect yourself against - if it's lightning they are all pretty much useless.

Read the small print - no protection unless you earth your whole house/system, which if done properly renders a £20 'protected' power strip socket unnecessary.

Save your cash or do it properly.

Joe

warzinak

Standard Member
What are you looking to protect yourself against - if it's lightning they are all pretty much useless.

Read the small print - no protection unless you earth your whole house/system, which if done properly renders a £20 'protected' power strip socket unnecessary.

Save your cash or do it properly.

Joe
Thank you for the reply Joe.
Its a council estate flat so I am hoping they did a good job.
So I could just get any cheap multi socket mains extension?
The one I have is horrible atm, can often hear sparks coming from it which scared me into looking these up.

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming to Netflix in November 2020: Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom