Surfing the Internet and Playing iTunes on my TV

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Lonz_72, Mar 20, 2006.

1. Lonz_72

Lonz_72

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I'd like to be able to surf the internet and navigate iTunes on my CRT TV in my lounge. However, my PC is in a separate room. Can anyone advise me on the best way to do this?

I will be buying a HD-LCD TV within the next 6 months and prefer a hard wired solution rather than wi-fi. I have a Philips ProntoNG (RU950) and would like to be able to use this to navigate if possible. My PC runs Windows XP.

2. Lonz_72

Lonz_72

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Anyone?? :lease:

3. Lonz_72

Lonz_72

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Someone must be able to offer some advice. I could really use some help :confused:

4. DNWILLIAMS

DNWILLIAMS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    You could run an s-video cable to your tv assuming your pc has s-video out. But I wouldn't advise it :thumbsdow , trying to use your CRT TV for PC displays will get very tedious CRT TV's just can't display the resolutions and everything gets very blurry :( and getting sound there would depend on what amps etc your running.

If your going to buy an LCD TV in the next 6 months or so then hang on and get a media pc to go with it, connect up an adsl router, something like a Netgear DG834 and set up a small home network. My 42" plasma is only just acceptable for pc viewing running anything other than the MCE2005 screens as its not HD ready, if you want a migraine try working on an excel spreadsheet or reading a large word file on it :rotfl: but a Hd ready LCD TV should give you a decent resolution and enable a good display for net surfin etc

That's my advise anyway for what its worth, media PC's and CRT's don't really work. You could get a softmodded XBOX 1 to intergrate with your other pc connected via a crossover network cable but i'm not sure of the internet surfing capabilities, my old modded XBOX was a great media player though, might be worth a thought;)

5. Lonz_72

Lonz_72

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    That's great. Thanks for the advice. That gives me a good starting point. Much appreciated. :thumbsup: