Surface Pro 7 as a fully functional laptop?

mr:w

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Apologies in advance if this has been covered elsewhere, did a brief search but couldn't find anything.

We used an iPad for last lockdown homeschooling period, it was okay(-ish) but all content provided by the school was through Teams, OneNote, Powerpoint etc. While most functionality on the ipad supported the content, some didn't which caused headaches.

My wife and I both use MBPs and use them throughout the day so can't really give her our machines to use instead of an ipad. Our daughter (6 years old / school year 2) uses some sort of Surface device at school, so we're now thinking the best bet to ensure school-supplied content works as intended is to buy a Surface. Would like to buy something that allows her to use as a tablet and doubles as a fully functional laptop so she can start to work her way round a keyboard.

I keep coming back to a Surface Pro 7, which I'd buy a keyboard for. The question is - would the Surface provide same functionality as a Windows laptop? I assume a Surface Pro 7 runs what is essentially a fully functional Windows o/s on which Teams, OneNote, Powerpoint and so on run the same as on a standard Windows laptop?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Yes, any Surface (except Surface X) runs full Windows and so will work just the same as any Windows laptop (once you add a keyboard). But have a look at the Lenovo Yoga range too which are also tablets/laptops that run full Windows as they may be cheaper.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom