Question Surface 3 warranty question and Currys

D

Deleted member 92943

Morning

My partner has got himself a Surface 3 from Curry's as an ex display but for an amazing price. As always with Curry's, they have sold him the added insurance for £80

Is this something he really needs if he doesn't intend to take it out of the house. He was told he needed it because of the battery as thats not covered by a standard warranty.

Can someone explain what the deal is with batteries and warranties? Is the battery on the surface 3 any good and how much do they cost to replace out of warrenty?

From Microsoft Surface battery and power | Recharge Surface

Battery warranty.
If your Surface battery is found to be defective during the warranty period, it is covered under the standard Surface Warranty. For more details about the Surface Warranty or for extended warranty coverage, see Surface standard warranty and Microsoft Complete for Surface.

Your partner been mis-sold extended warranty based on incorrect information from the vendor. I would ask for the money back.
Yes, but if the tablet is ex-display, when did the Microsoft warranty start?

Although I am no fan of dubious extended warranties, this might not actually be a bad deal if the buyer saved a lot in the first place.

Yes, but if the tablet is ex-display, when did the Microsoft warranty start?

Although I am no fan of dubious extended warranties, this might not actually be a bad deal if the buyer saved a lot in the first place.

The item is still covered under the Sale of Goods Act and as long as they did point out the item was faulty at the point of sale. So still not worth the ripoff extended warranty. SOGA states the item should last 'a reasonable time' so at least three years.

I believe the surface 3 has been out a while and was permanently connected to the mains while on display. Certainly doesn't seem that there's an issue with the battery as it lasts the advertised time.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom