Surely this cant be????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Surely this cant be right?

I have the option to install my F1 2010 on my hard drive. So does that mean i could buy a game and install it on mine then let my nephew install it on his? If so thats madness.Surely that is just going to hurt sales for microsoft?

Matt

gr0uty

Hi,

I have the option to install my F1 2010 on my hard drive. So does that mean i could buy a game and install it on mine then let my nephew install it on his? If so thats madness.Surely that is just going to hurt sales for microsoft?

Matt

No. You still need the disc in the drive for a security check when you boot the game. Microsoft are not that daft.

Ico.

Hi,

Matt

You can install any game but you still need the disc to play the games... It's useful if like me your 360 is one of the early pre HDMI versions that sound like a jet taking off when it spins the disc!

Dinky Dragon

There are... 'ways' :D

Dinky Dragon

Of course Lawrence, there are 'bad' ways but there are also legit ways.

Youd disable your warrenty though and the hassle is not worth it other than for lan parties.

Dinky Dragon

Nobody circumventing any copy protection!

Its a simple task of whipping off the case, opening the dvd drive and taking the disk out.

Doesnt break the T&Cs but will kill your warranty. :rotfl:

Like I said, not worth it unless for LAN parties and/or ya a tightass.

Munkey Boy

Distinguished Member
The same for the PS3 Jailbreak, but of course that's the PS3, not the 360.
[MOD COMMENT] DJS - I agree on some level with your points, but you are happy to overlook valid points mods have made to you before. I and many other members have been thankful for your help in offering members solutions to their problems. But you're not doing yourself any favours with your crusade. You've had it made clear only this lunchtime that we were discussing the matter. Please please desist and accept the decisions made for what are perfectly legitimate reasons.

DJSigma

Banned
I'm not overlooking any valid mod points. You said that there's no legal way to play a 360 game without the disc in the drive, but you were wrong, just like you were wrong in your assumptions about the JTAG hack. It's annoying when the mods are modding based on faulty assumptions, rather than facts. The discussion I had this lunch time was deleted in its entirety and with no warning.

Munkey Boy

Distinguished Member
It's not a crime to be wrong DJS, only to not learn from your mistakes. I have been and will be wrong on many occasions, but I am interested in the truth. I think you're bending it to imply a decent reason beyond piracy to mod a 360, that's all I've ever said, and nothing has changed my view on this. There is on a PS3 (playing an installed game to ease wear & tear on the flaky BD drive), that's the difference.

mattclarkie

Distinguished Member
I can't see how you can remove the disc from the drive, you would have to dismantle the DVD drive to gain access to the disc inside because hitting eject resets the 360 to the dashboard.

Dinky Dragon

Exactly, you dont eject the disk :p

mattclarkie

Distinguished Member
Which means it is impossible as far as I am concerned. Suggesting that people dismantle the DVD drive which also causes danger of flying debris is not a solution which means the only option is illegal disc copies.

Dinky Dragon

You are right, its unsafe for 9 year olds. Any capable person could do it.

mattclarkie

Distinguished Member
Well if you are willing to have a motor spinning a plastic disc at high speed with no protective casing then it's your funeral. I prefer not to be showered in polycarbonate.

I think this thread has run it's course?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom