1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Support for multiple outputs?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by akwatters, Aug 20, 2004.

1. akwatters

akwatters
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do any of the video processors support multiple outputs simultaneously? Or maybe they all do!

My primary goal is to hook up all my appliances (DVD player, PC, cable TV, freeview box, laptop) for output to my projector (and avoid D/A and A/D conversions as much as possible).

Secondly, I plan to use the PC as a PVR and would like to be able to record from any input while watching something else on the projector.

And, in an ideal world, I'd like the facility for two other outputs: for a small monitor to preview what is being sent to any of the other outputs; and, to hook up a plasma/lcd screen (although this won't be required for a while, if at all).

Are these goals possible? I'd like to keep the cost below 2.5K but I'm open to a bit of arm twisting.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    if both monitor will accept the same signal ie 1366x768 @60Hz this is easy and can be done for £1500, IscanHD and perhaps a suitable matrux switch or distribution amp. If you need 2 different resolutions an syncs then it will be more difficult, have a word with Gordon and Joe they will be able to sort you out!

3. akwatters

akwatters
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your reply. If I understand you correctly I think that I could use a matrix switch or distribution amp to take the output from the processor and split it for distribution to multiple sources. That's a good idea. It would be even nicer if I could support multiple signals as you say - that would certainly be my preference it it can be achieved for a reasonable cost.

4. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,472
    akwatters

I think your looking for a miracle :)

Some Video processors will have two Outputs - though often one Analogue and One Digital; what they cant normally do is feed Simultaneous Independent Output resolutions and or Independent Input sources on the Outputs.

Without more detail on any potential future upgrades its difficult to give you an accurate plan/cost.

As a starting point I'd suggest an 8x4 RGBHV Matrix Outputting to:

Out 01 - Video Processor A > Projector
    Out 02 - Video Processor B > Plasma
    Out 03 - PC
    Out 04 - Preview

Also keep in mind this all assumes Analogue only signals - what about Digital Video signals? and your PC and Preview will have to auto sense the type of source signal you're sending them.

Your Budget is possibly a little low to achieve everything on your wish list and also have a bit of future expansion built into the system! You'll also have to think about and budget for controlling the Matrix switcher.

Drop me a PM and I can give you some idea of Matrix and Processing products that will fit the bill.

Best regards

Joe

5. akwatters

akwatters
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Miracles are always good ;) I'll drop you a line.