Question Supplying fresh air to a cinema room. Can PC fans do it?

Harkon321

Yes it can, but as Traggaaar says, you only need the one. I will have mine as extract with passive intake. You can't create a vacuum after all.

There is no wire provided. I am having my electrician wire this for me, so there won't be any limitation here. I can have it wherever, although in my case it will only be a couple of meters away.
Just wondered if you'd fitted this yet? Need to order something this week and looking at the Xpelair as it is slightly smaller than the S&P TD Silent. I need to mount it in the pelmet, so need something quiet and hopefully that won't vibrate the timber.

The fan controller ... am I right in thinking that if power is turned off and then back (say from a fused spur) will the fans just restart? Looks that way as it looks a fairly basic switch. I'm planning on wiring the input to a 12v relay triggered by the AVR.

Triggaaar

Distinguished Member
Just wondered if you'd fitted this yet?
If you mean me, no, I haven't started building the room yet. I bought the Xpelair XID125. I haven't got the controller yet, but I'll need one. I anticipate having the fan on very low.

The fan controller ... am I right in thinking that if power is turned off and then back (say from a fused spur) will the fans just restart? Looks that way as it looks a fairly basic switch. I'm planning on wiring the input to a 12v relay triggered by the AVR.
I'm guessing that if you have no speed control, it will be on max?

I anticipate having to build silencer boxes for the air to go through, otherwise I'll be able to hear the fan.

Harkon321

Was aimed at @Atomicus as I know that he'd bought one.

Not suggesting running without a controller but connecting the controller to a feed that is only turned out by 12v feed. So AVR comes on and fan kicks in.

swiftpete

Distinguished Member
If i were you I’d get a more powerful system than you think you’ll need. Your friends will be constantly cutting the cheese while watching films. Being in a sealed room with a tiny pc fan attempting to blow away that fug stink would be the opposite of pleasurable.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom