• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Supply of 360's

Deputy Dawg UK

Established Member
I got my 360 in December (one of the lucky ones!) Yesterday in Tesco's I saw three Premium systems for sale..Are they now becoming more readily available?...I hope so as this will stop those parasites on ebay!!!:clap:
 

Indiana Jones

Distinguished Member
You cant really blame people for selling them on eBay, if there are people out there who decided not to pre-order and expected to be able to walk into a shop and buy one its their own fault and if they are prepared to pay the £400+ prices for a Premium then its their choice.

Anyway the high prices on eBay stopped around the new year when the xmas demand was over and stock appearing in stores now is about right as people were saying on here even before launch that you wouldnt be able to buy one off the shelf until around March.
 

martmiller

Established Member
Indiana Jones said:
You cant really blame people for selling them on eBay, if there are people out there who decided not to pre-order and expected to be able to walk into a shop and buy one its their own fault and if they are prepared to pay the £400+ prices for a Premium then its their choice.

Anyway the high prices on eBay stopped around the new year when the xmas demand was over and stock appearing in stores now is about right as people were saying on here even before launch that you wouldnt be able to buy one off the shelf until around March.

So what about all the people who DID pre order and were let down by Amazon, Play Game, HMV etc??
 

Indiana Jones

Distinguished Member
martmiller said:
So what about all the people who DID pre order and were let down by Amazon, Play Game, HMV etc??
I know there were alot of people let down but I cant really comment on that because I pre-ordered one from Game the day it was listed on their site and another from Asda when they were available for a little over £250 and I got both of them for launch.
 

mark.carline

Established Member
This is simple business...

SUPPLY AND DEMAND!

Besides - If you dont like the price on eBay then noone is forcing you to pay the high prices.

If you ask me it has done a few kids a favour this xmas for them not to get what "I WANT, I WANT" for christmas - Might teach some little brats that they cant have everything they see !
 

5to1

Prominent Member
Indiana Jones said:
You cant really blame people for selling them on eBay, if there are people out there who decided not to pre-order and expected to be able to walk into a shop and buy one its their own fault and if they are prepared to pay the £400+ prices for a Premium then its their choice.

Stupid is definately the right word.

You didn't even have to pre-order as early as you did. I know one person who ordered from Amazon beginning of Dec. Despite being told it wasn't guaranteed for XMAS, 1 week later they emailed to say it would.

I myself ended up with 3, after hardly any effort (I returned/Cancelled the spares, so not a parasite on ebay) without a pre-order (well 1 was a pre-order placed a week before, and it came early).

People just refuse to engage their Brains these days. Especially when it comes to Ebay.

I've lost count of the amount of over priced stuff I've seen on Ebay. Have people not heard of Google (and I'm talking about punch in product, click on first link google spits out, voila much cheaper price).
 

rcaudwell

Prominent Member
Walked into a Virgin Megastore last week, got one of several Premiums, they also had loads of cores in stock. Have been toying with the idea of buying one for a few weeks now, and to be honest they haven`t been that difficult to get hold of for the last 2 or 3 weeks at least.
 

Jonmurgie

Established Member
rcaudwell said:
Walked into a Virgin Megastore last week, got one of several Premiums, they also had loads of cores in stock. Have been toying with the idea of buying one for a few weeks now, and to be honest they haven`t been that difficult to get hold of for the last 2 or 3 weeks at least.

I'd say that is probably very location dependant... but yeah, more of them about now, saw cores in stock at Comet in Gloucester today... Premiums seem to be a little harder to come by now...
 

wiganite

Established Member
Anyone know when there's going to be some more stock delivered? MY mates been trying to find a premium all week and they're like rocking horse poo
 

Noggin1980

Distinguished Member
The 360 has just been released in korea, and hong kong, australia, new zealand, Tiawan and singapore are all in march. So all these new countries needing product will still keep the 360 pretty rare.

Microsoft added another manufactureing partner recently though. So its certainly getting easier to get hold of them.
 

simonf7

Established Member
My local Tesco Extra in Norwich has a premium box out on the shelves which means I guess they have one.

Just waiting for Argos to get one now, so I can save 10% with my electricity Argos points thingy account.

Si
 

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom