• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Supplier of 6 x lever connectors needed.

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
erm these are spring clip speaker connectors (low qaulity) they normally cone in pairs why do you need them? you just stick speaker wire (bare wire) in them

D

Dougster

I firstly aplogise for not owning a Linn amp :oops:

Secondy I know they are not that good quality (Sony) and I know you stick bare wire in them. :suicide:

Thirdly is, one doesn't seem to be working and they appear to be all joined together.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/Dougster/Sony1.jpg

Do you think it possible to replace all three in pairs?

I thank you for any response. ;) :smashin: :rotfl:

Mylo

Distinguished Member
Many years ago I removed the spring clips from an old amp and wired in some binding posts. Easy to do; simply a case of gluing a plate to the amps chassis, drilling six holes, fitting the posts and then soldering in the new wires.

Did it improve the sound ? Did it heck :D However it provided the best connection I could think of and enabled the use of larger gauge cable.

That gives you another possible solution :)

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom