superuniti or supernait 2?

dvshannow

Novice Member
Am looking to upgrade my pioneer Elite receiver as moving TV to another room and want a 2 channel amp for music in the main lounge.

as will be streaming most my music the superuniti looks perfect and all reviews i've read are v positive.

The other options I am considering are getting a supernait 2 + nd5 xs or getting a pioneer n-50 to partner the supernait 2.

so questions are how does the amp section of the superuniti compare with the supernait 2?

will the n-50 despite good reviews simply by unable to feed the supernait the quality it needs?

my speakers are kplisch rf-83s which will be planning to upgrade next year.

Member 116841

Distinguished Member
Our feeling here is that the SuperNait2 is the superior amplifier. The drawback of going that route from your options is that the Naim streamers are top notch, with better functionality and usability!

TomScrut

Avoid the Pioneer option, won't sound anywhere near as good as either of the options involving the Naim streamers IMO. I think there isn't enough attention paid on this forum to source quality, spending pushing 3k on an amp such as a Supernait and then spending 400 quid on a streamer is silly I think.

The Supernait with the ND5 XS will sound better, but whether it's worth the extra cash only you can decide....

dvshannow

Novice Member
Avoid the Pioneer option, won't sound anywhere near as good as either of the options involving the Naim streamers IMO. I think there isn't enough attention paid on this forum to source quality, spending pushing 3k on an amp such as a Supernait and then spending 400 quid on a streamer is silly I think.

The Supernait with the ND5 XS will sound better, but whether it's worth the extra cash only you can decide....
thanks for replies that's kind of what I thought about the pioneer. A friend suggested going a more simple route and getting a dac v1 partnered with a 200 nap, but not sure I want to sacrifice the benefits of the nstream.
does anyone have experience of the 200 nap plus a 172xs preamp?

Member 116841

Distinguished Member
does anyone have experience of the 200 nap plus a 172xs preamp?
The 172 is a great product, but it doesn't have the flexibility of the SuperNait2 with regards to adding a power supply, bi-amping etc. But, if you don't want the expense of a SuperNait2 and Naim streamer, it is a good alternative, and you can choose the power amp to suit your speakers.

dvshannow

Novice Member
Ok think a, going to go down the naim route and either the supernait 2 +nd5 or the superuniti

While I'm not thinking of upgrades right now the separate am path seems more appealing as its cleaner but. It is more expensive! More importantly I like the naim sound that the supernait will provide while the superuniti is a bit more of a mainstream sound.

Just for rough comparison is the amp section in the superuniti approx similar to the xs in spec?
"

dvshannow

Novice Member
Think I've found a better solution.... going to look into a dac v1 direct into a nap 250 or a supernait2.

Question is the superior power going to come from a power amp design such as the nap 250 or the new design of the sn2? I suspect the nap250 but any more enlightened input appreciated!

The idea here being I want the heart of the audio system to be as good as possible but I'm not looking to buy into a particular source for streaming as this is the area that may advance a lot in the next 2 years. The v1 is a great dac so will be a clean flexible system that will age well.

As its being fed digital the quality of components into the v1 are not that important and I will choose on the best interface and most high res sources

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom