Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

SuperStars in FM2005 ?

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by monkeyleader, Mar 12, 2005.

1. monkeyleader

monkeyleader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    So Im now in my 5th season @ chelsea having just completed the league and cup double last season. Ive assembled pretty decent squad but its now time t start building for the future - anyone around season 4/5 that can recomend potential superstars - someone who I can get into my under19 or reserve team for the next season or and start to bleed them the following season. My record so far

Premiership winners : 1
    FA Cup winners : 2
    EUFA Cup Winners : 1

Going for the European Cup this season !

2. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,101
    there's quite a few at the start of the game, but after 4/5 years i'm sure they'll already be stars, but i'll list a few anyway

Giampaolo Pazzini [S C] (Atalanta or Fiorentina with the update) - 20 years old at the start of the game. He's already a world class striker, and will set you back about £12m, but if you have the funds, he's worth every penny. Blistering pace and a lethal right foot, he averages a goal a game or better.

Freddy Adu [F LC] (DC United) - only 15 years at the start of the game, but despite being a bit rough, he already shows quite a lot of talent, and by the 2nd season he's ready to play first team football for most teams. It's worth retraining him as an AM L as he is an amazing crosser of the ball. He'll set you back less than £1m in compensation.

Daniel Friedheim Holm [F C] (Valerenga) - starts the game at age 18 and plays the "Scholes" role superbly with great finishing and superb positioning skills. He'll need a season or two to really come good, but he's a wise investment. Should set you back £1m

Kristoffer Haestad [AM/F LC] (Start) - starts the game at age 20 so not all that young, but you should be able to pick him up for about 300k and he has superb stats.

Kasper Schmeichel [GK] (Man City) - 17 at the start of the game, so you can't pick him up on a youth contract, but City are surprisingly willing to part with him for about 400k.

Anthony Vanden Borre [SW/D/DM RC] (Anderlecht) 16 at the start of the game and available for around 700k compensation, Vanden Borre is one of the superstars of FM2005. Mind you he doesn't perform that well at the start of the game, and tends to be a whinger, so it will take a patient manager to realise his potential.

Fabio Paim [AM R] (Sporting Lisbon) 15 at the start of the game, and already a hot talent, Fabio will grow up to be the Figo of the 21st century. He's available for a tiny compensation fee.

Alessio Cerci [F RLC] (Roma) 16 at the start of the game but only for a week! One of the greatest players on 03 04 and only time will tell if he's as good this time around, but well worth signing for around 1.2m compensation if you can.

Obviously there are a lot more than just those, but i always find the best way to discover them is to run a player search for all players aged between 12 and 19 with unprotected contracts. This will bring up a list of maybe 100 - 200 players, which you then approach to sign. Yes, every one of them! When the contract negotiations appear, your assistant manager will tell you what he thinks of them. If he says they have considerable talent for their age, bingo, you're on a winner!! Takes a while, but it's worth spending 30 minutes a season looking for the brightest new talents.