1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Supersize Me" - that guys a wuss

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by SanPedro, Jul 22, 2004.

1. SanPedro

Jan 11, 2001
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Certainly compared to the folks on "You are what you eat" on Channel 4 Tuesdays. These people having been living off the same diet for YEARS not months.

People ask "How can people eat so much crap?" But methinks the government has a bigger problem on its hands than it realises when you see the sheer amount of junk that people are stuffing down their throats - and all without really knowing anything about how this crap was affecting their bodies.

They should make kids in school watch this. The scenes of the rectal vacuuming really put me off my dinner but as an educational piece it really takes some beating. Just to see what woman ate in a week was mind boggling.

And the good news? The kids liked the healthy options.

Would love to see a longer follow up to this series.

2. Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    For me, the scariest thing about "junk" food is how cheap it's becoming. Fast food, for instance, has always been quick and easy; that's most of the appeal. But as these companies become more efficient at mass-producing this stuff, it's getting cheaper and cheaper when compared to regular food.

I used to eat a lot of KFC because I could buy a value bucket and not have to worry about food for the whole weekend. That is, until I realized just how much damage I was doing to my body by eating it so often. If you have a family, the most convenient way to feed them is fast food. Once that becomes the cheapest way as well, the problem of poor nutrition will get a heck of a lot worse.