• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Supernatural Seasons 1-6 Blu's on zavvi

nuttyhotspurs

Standard Member
hi i was thinking of ordering these seperately from zavvi as with my 10% discount code they work out at a great price

i was wondering if anyone had purchased these from zavvi RECENTLY? do they still come with slipcovers?

DICKIEDUVET

Distinguished Member
Seasons 1&2 don't, They never did for some reason, The rest do :smashin:

irascian

Banned
Seasons 1&2 don't, They never did for some reason, The rest do :smashin:

That's not quite true. I didn't get mine from Zavvi but my copy of Season One has a slipcase. In fact everything except ruddy Season Two has one. Season Two was an oddity because it came out way after all the other seasons, around the time of Season Six as I recall.

DICKIEDUVET

Distinguished Member
OK thanks for that...I remember many folks mentioning that neither Season (1&2) came slipped in the UK although the US releases did. I've yet to see one in-store or elsewhere.

Both seasons were released at the same time.

Last edited:

irascian

Banned
Both seasons were released at the same time.

Ah, now I see what's happened.

In the UK Seasons 1 and 2 weren't issued until 2011, while Season 3 (and subsequent series) had started being issued in 2008.

Season 1 was issued in the States early on but Season 2 didn't appear, which is why I remember being frustrated at its non appearance having already watched Season 1 and wanting to watch Seasons 3 through 6 which I also had. This is why my Season 1 has a slip-case - I imported it via MovieTyme from the States. In the event I think the UK actually beat the USA to a Season 2 release and, unlike the States, it looks like they actually released Season 1 (which I already had) at the same time.

So the original comment about there being no slipcases for Seasons 1 and 2 appears to be correct - for the UK releases.

hippo99

Distinguished Member
Yeah Season 1 came out in the States around the same time as Season 5.
Season 2 then came out the following year.

In the UK it was much more frustrating. Seasons 1 & 2 were both available but ONLY in a 1-5 boxset. As I already had 3-5, I had to wait almost a whole year until they finally released Seasons 1 & 2 separately!

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom