Superman v The Avengers

Lee

Reaction score
I can't see any way that Superman can be beaten*. I can only see The Hulk as being a bit troublesome to dispose of.

I've just watched the awesome Man of Steel.

*bar the one in a billion chance of having some kryptonite

Kryptonite man would kill him dead. Now where is he....

Depends which version of Superman - pre-Crisis, New 52, Man of Steel film version?

Superman will eviscerate 99.9% of people not called Thor or Hulk. If it's Thor with the Odin-Force - rubbish name, amazing power - even pre-Crisis Superman would buckle.

Wouldn't superman simply pick up Thor and Hulk and fling them into the sun and have done?

He's indestructible (to all intents and purposes), flies at the speed of light and has limitless strength so nothing could touch him. I actually think this is why the Superman films struggle. The scope is too big as there is nothing that can threaten him (unlike Spiderman or Ironman) in the grand scheme of things.

They should bring Captain Marvel back..;)

Last edited:
Powdered Toast Man would destroy Superman.

Wouldn't superman simply pick up Thor and Hulk and fling them into the sun and have done?

He's indestructible (to all intents and purposes), flies at the speed of light and has limitless strength so nothing could touch him. I actually think this is why the Superman films struggle. The scope is too big as there is nothing that can threaten him (unlike Spiderman or Ironman) in the grand scheme of things.

They should bring Captain Marvel back..;)
This is my opinion too. Except Supes is too good to just lob them into the Sun. He's not a fan of killing people.. And why would they fight anyway? Aren't they all "Goodies"?

Superman is the Don of superhero's, simply The Best.

Depends which version of Superman - pre-Crisis, New 52, Man of Steel film version?

Superman will eviscerate 99.9% of people not called Thor or Hulk. If it's Thor with the Odin-Force - rubbish name, amazing power - even pre-Crisis Superman would buckle.

Nailed it, current Avengers vs post 52 supes and it's an easy shout for Avengers. Though new 52 chars should be ingored imo :p

Pre 52, it's still a tight one though. As above morals is what makes that one interesting.

He's indestructible (to all intents and purposes), flies at the speed of light and has limitless strength so nothing could touch him. I actually think this is why the Superman films struggle.
Agree with that. It's the only niggle with the film that you never get the feeling that Superman is in any real danger. In MOS the action sure makes up for that.

And why would they fight anyway?
It'd make for good viewing :D

Pre crisis and 52 goes over my head, that's some reading for another day.

Lex Luthor seems to have an abundance of Kryptonite, so it shouldn't be that hard to find. :)

You could say the hulk has near limitless strength, and is (basically) invincible as well as supes.

bruce banner and iron man are smart enough to get their hands on some kryptonite, at which point it would be game over.

If I were Supes and The Hulk was giving me a bit of grief, I'd grab him and fly him into space and then launch him way out into cosmos and let him float away. Space is a vacuum and as he can't fly or generate his own thrust (and quite how Supes does I've no idea), he'd just float through the galaxy and then out into interstellar space forever. Job done :smashin:

I think I've thought too much about this...:rotfl:

hulk would have farts to propel him through space, at light speed.

For all his super powers, his weakness (apart from kryptonite) is the people he cares or loves, humanity, threaten those and you got him by his super balls.

Ach, you just need to get Superman on his way out of Mimosa of an evening. He's not at the peak of his powers then.

Although you will only get that attempt at a joke if you live here in Jersey.

He's indestructible (to all intents and purposes), flies at the speed of light and has limitless strength so nothing could touch him. I actually think this is why the Superman films struggle. The scope is too big as there is nothing that can threaten him (unlike Spiderman or Ironman) in the grand scheme of thing

Well said. He is such a poor character. If he is what he is, then nothing can stop him. Pointless.

Superman annoyed me as a kid. Even the 70s (or was 80s) films were dire, the special effects were awful, it was so hammy.

Why they would want to mix Superman with Batman is beyond me. It will be shit.

I agree, Batman isn't fit to carry Superman's cape...

Superman was always the worst superhero. Too strong, too dull and boring.

All the best hero's have a dark side and are a bit more complex

Isn't there also something about Superman needing daylight to replenish his powers? Or was that just in MoS?

He gets his powers from the Yellow Sun....

but I saw it in a film so it must be true.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom