Superman: The Movie - Extended Cut

So, after VHS, Widescreen VHS, Region 1 DVD, Region 2 DVD, The Complete Superman Collection DVD Boxset, The Christopher Reeve Superman Collection DVD Boxset, Superman- The Ultimate Collection DVD Boxset, Superman The Movie Blu Ray and The Superman Motion Picture Anthology Blu Boxset they expect me to buy it again ???

Day One :thumbsup:

So, after VHS, Widescreen VHS, Region 1 DVD, Region 2 DVD, The Complete Superman Collection DVD Boxset, The Christopher Reeve Superman Collection DVD Boxset, Superman- The Ultimate Collection DVD Boxset, Superman The Movie Blu Ray and The Superman Motion Picture Anthology Blu Boxset they expect me to buy it again ???

You sound more like Suckerman rather than Superman. :laugh: Having said that 40 minutes extra for it is quite incredible. I'd hope any extra footage would improve the end of the film. That was always weak for me.

Bri

I prefer the term "dedicated enthusiast" :D

I suspect you were a young 'un when you first saw it.Bri

I was twelve Bri, Screen 1, Adelphi Cinema Dublin, Easter Sunday 1979. It had taken quite a few weeks of dedicated tea making and other general slabe type duties to persuade my big sister to bring me up to the big city as it would be another month before it reached my local fleapit.

The helicopter rescue scene was the first time I experienced the audience getting so involved in a film they started clapping.

So yeah, dedicated enthusiast.

I was twelve Bri, Screen 1, Adelphi Cinema Dublin, Easter Sunday 1979. It had taken quite a few weeks of dedicated tea making and other general slabe type duties to persuade my big sister to bring me up to the big city as it would be another month before it reached my local fleapit.

The helicopter rescue scene was the first time I experienced the audience getting so involved in a film they started clapping.

So yeah, dedicated enthusiast.

Nice story. I remember seeing Legend Of The Seven Golden Vampires. There was a spontaneous round of applause after the first big fight scene. The one and only time I've experienced that in a cinema.

Bri

IMG_7634.jpg

Have to admit when I first saw the thread I was thinking 'isn't the extended cut already out' but never realised there was a 3 hour TV version, might have to check this out.

3 hour TV version ? That must mean Channel 4 or 5 90 min version with all inclusive adverts.

3 hour TV version ? That must mean Channel 4 or 5 90 min version with all inclusive adverts.

While I do now and then regret not having a TV licence, watching butchered films on ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5 is certainly something I do not miss.

I'm still a bit confused as to what we'll see that hasn't been seen already ...

From memory, more Trevor Howard/Harry Andrews Council of Krypton stuff, more Smallville, extended Fortress of Solitude creation, Otis taking much longer to reach Luthor's lair, longer first night flight heroics, extended missile truck hijacking, more after effects of the earthquake.

The one bit that sticks with me is a not funny even then joke in the Air Force One sequence about peanuts being available onboard, a reference to Jimmy Carter who was President when it was made.

Maybe this ? Link

Still a bit confused. Has the extra stuff been seen before on blu? Either way it's a definite pre order for me. I'm guessing this is the definitive version ...

The Television Cut definitely contains stuff that you won't have seen on blu before, even as Deleted Scenes.

I'm guessing this is the definitive version ...
The Theatrical or Director's cut would be the 'definitive' versions. Longer does not mean/equal definitive. This is a 'longer cut'.

Day One purchase for me...
Getting to see maybe more possible scenes of the Superman Christopher Reeve, yes please.

Day One purchase for me...
Getting to see maybe more possible scenes of the Superman Christopher Reeve, yes please.

No maybe about it there is more Superman :)

After day one buy : The Superman Motion Picture The Original Enhanced Extended Über Max Anthology Ultra High Definition 4K Edition to be confirmed! :clap:

You forgot to say steelbook :)

Still one of my treasured movies. Saw it when it came out aged 9, think I liked it more than Star Wars at the time, and it still think it is almost the definitive superhero movie.

Do I need another copy, having bought it on VHS, DVD (twice), HD-DVD and Blu-ray? What’s that? Extended version I have never seen, you say? Take my money now!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom