Superman Returns, sound is so bad

CrispyToast

Novice Member
Hi, got a rental copy of SR and found the sound was very poor on the vocals with high levels of echo present. I have not noticed this before on any DVD I have watched so was wondering if anyone else has noticed this.
Equipment used was as my signature with the Amp in straight mode (unprocessed) showing 5.1.
Ruined the film for me.
Other info: Blockbuster rental, Language setting Oz
Thanks for any help on this.

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Can't comment on this disc, but I have had lots of rentals in the past that have had crap sound compared to the retail disc. Maybe they get cheap substandard copies for rental?

paulst10

Distinguished Member
you didnt have the sound from your tv playing as well did you ??

that can cause an echo effect if you have sound coming from both amp & tv

paul

Max Payne

Novice Member
I found the vocals very low if thats what you mean? I rented it out and found myself having to constantly turning it up at the dialogue sections and then down again for the special effects/explosions etc.

That said, the whole movie was ruined for me because of the colour of the cape - why wasn't it red ***!!

CrispyToast

Novice Member
I found the vocals very low if thats what you mean? I rented it out and found myself having to constantly turning it up at the dialogue sections and then down again for the special effects/explosions etc.

That said, the whole movie was ruined for me because of the colour of the cape - why wasn't it red ***!!

I agree with the muted sound, but that wasn't the problem. Like I said above echo was there very much like paulst10 posted having the TV speakers also running and slightly out of sync. Tried it in stereo and sounded alot better.
Shame the director was colour blind :devil:
Cheers

figrin_dan

I saw this at the London IMAX and the dialogue sounded terrible; I just assumed it was bad accoustics. Maybe Bryan Singer is hearing impaired also?

CrispyToast

Novice Member
I saw this at the London IMAX and the dialogue sounded terrible; I just assumed it was bad accoustics. Maybe Bryan Singer is hearing impaired also?

Maybe it's the film then, Glad I didn't buy the thing :eek:
Very Very poor, hope yhis doesn't become trend.
Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom