Superman Returns HD-DVD £16.99 at HMV

zAndy1

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Looks like this isn't a combo like the US release, anyone know if it will have identical content? It's not a bad price (11% Quidco cashback as well), Play have it at £23.99 :nono:

Cheers,
Andy.

Well I ordered mine from Amazon.com for ~£15.50, glad I went for the combo as it means I can share it with friends/family. Looks like I wouldn't have it got it cheaper in the Uk either!

With expedited international shipping it comes to $38 at amazon.com, about £19 and there's no guarantee it won't get charges on top seeing as it's > £18 (although unlikely). How did you get it for £15.50? The standard internation shipping looks like it will take forever to get here so wouldn't fancy that (albeit slightly cheaper) option.

Being a cheapskate, I went for the cheapest option - it normally takes around 10 days to arrive (so not a good option if you want something quickly!) Checked my bill and it came to £15.36, so no customs risk too! :)

Man..... you couldn't give me £17.00 to watch this film again

too long and no action :thumbsdow

sorry if you like it ,just my opinion :)

Don't say that - I was quite looking forward to this (haven't seen it before). It'll be the first film I watch on HD-DVD too! :p

Looks like this isn't a combo like the US release, anyone know if it will have identical content? It's not a bad price (11% Quidco cashback as well), Play have it at £23.99 :nono:

Cheers,
Andy.

Would also be interested to know if there is any difference in content between the US and UK releases of Superman Returns HD-DVD?

Cheekster.

Man..... you couldn't give me £17.00 to watch this film again

too long and no action :thumbsdow

sorry if you like it ,just my opinion :)

Couldn't agree more... I really don't get why everyone keeps raving about this, the amount of "top 5 HD-DVDs" lists I've seen with this included is extremely puzzling to me.

Personally I went for Superman - The Movie and Superman II - Donner Cut on HD-DVD instead.

i paid through the nose for mine via HMV store in london £26.99 which is only a few quid more than play but noone had stock so i bit the bullet.

exactly the same as the american but not a combo disc.

Don't say that - I was quite looking forward to this (haven’t seen it before). It'll be the first film I watch on HD-DVD too! :p

i actually quite enojyed the film, only watched it a few weeks ago on dvd.. its not all action.. but then neither is spiderman... there's a story there.. and some genuine heartfelt moments in the film.. some have classed it as a chick flick and i can understand that.

Unfortunately HMV have incerased the prices considerably for all their HD-DVDs. I ordered the mission impossible 3 movie pack for 35 quid on monday. Now its 50 quid.

Where are the HD-DVD bargains?

Would also be interested to know if there is any difference in content between the US and UK releases of Superman Returns HD-DVD?

Cheekster.

My UK HD-DVD version of Superman Returns came through today and can confirm it contains the sames tech specs as the US disk, including the Dolby TrueHD soundtrack

It also appears to contain (without ticking them off one by one) the same extras as the US HD-DVD. Infact, it wouldn't surprise my if it was a straight forward pressing of the HD-DVD side of the US combo, as it even states that the languages are identical right down to the "French 5.1 (Dubbed in Quebec)" sountrack.

As far as I'm concerned, that's great news, becuase it looks and sounds fantastic!

Many thanks for the good news. Think I'll hunt down a UK version now then as I'm not interested in paying more for combo discs. :smashin:

Cheekster.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom