Superman reboot (again)

Was only a matter of time. The character has been disastrously handled for years, they need to draw a line under what's been and get going with a new iteration.
Just reading this exclusive article and it as good as says they're going with a new lead. So starting over then...

Just reading this exclusive article and it as good as says they're going with a new lead. So starting over then...

Yeah I've always doubted we'd ever seen a Man of Steel sequel or Cavill in the suit again.

But then I said that about the Snyder Cut too!

Makes sense though, the moment has passed I think to go down that road. Needs a new persona like Pattinson for Batman.

Yeah I've always doubted we'd ever seen a Man of Steel sequel or Cavill in the suit again.

But then I said that about the Snyder Cut too!

Makes sense though, the moment has passed I think to go down that road. Needs a new persona like Pattinson for Batman.
Needs to be a stand alone film without any dc extended universe even playing a cameo.

WB/DC just don't seem to be able to get it together.

He's ok as a director I suppose but he isn't top tier. I quite like the Star Trek Kelvin trilogy. I can stomach TFA but only in 3D lol. But whatever my likes or dislikes, JJ has left two franchises behind in wreckage. It's not totally his fault, especially the Disney disaster but that's not a great track record for someone to be your Kevin Feige which I'm sure is what he is looking to be. But he doesn't have the vision of Feige.

He's ok as a director I suppose but he isn't top tier. I quite like the Star Trek Kelvin trilogy. I can stomach TFA but only in 3D lol. But whatever my likes or dislikes, JJ has left two franchises behind in wreckage. It's not totally his fault, especially the Disney disaster but that's not a great track record for someone to be your Kevin Feige which I'm sure is what he is looking to be. But he doesn't have the vision of Feige.
He’s seen as someone in Hollywood who can take an old tired franchise and (Bad Reboot) it into a new franchise capable of catering for wider modern audiences. The problem is he and his team are lazy, and don’t have any new ideas, they just look around at what’s popular or has worked most recently in a similar genre and ‘appropriate’ it, to try and tell rebooted stories with rebooted characters, light on things like logic, and characterisation, by hiding behind expensive productions and whizz-bang editing and lighting effects so it looks ‘cool’. They don’t have the intelligence or interest to work out what made the original concept, stories and characters work in the first place, and jettison, keep and change all the wrong things, which alienates the existing fan base, and fails to ignite a new one.

1614470989581.png

whelp, jj and casting choice is double no for me.

Super Lens Flare incoming.

As equally important as Superman is Clark Kent. And I can't quite see Michael Jordan in glasses. Although Cavill failed dismally to pull the Clark persona off as well. Shouldn't be an afterthought to how someone looks in the suit.

JJ the Franchise Killer

Star Trek - check
Star Wars - check
DC Superheroes - check
Exactly, this guy is incredibly overrated. I seriously don't see what people see in his movies.
MI3 is easily one of the worst in the franchise, Start Trek reboot sucked, so did Star Wars sequels and his pathetic 20 years career only Super 8 was a good film.

Well Warners seem to be doing such a terrible choice of DC I can’t see how JJ could be worse. He’s also not confirmed as director yet.

As equally important as Superman is Clark Kent. And I can't quite see Michael Jordan in glasses. Although Cavill failed dismally to pull the Clark persona off as well. Shouldn't be an afterthought to how someone looks in the suit.
At least there’s some nuggets out there that imply it will be based on one of the 2 more prominent multiverse Superman iterations, which would at least be sensible. However, as I’ve said multiple times, you have the IP to some of the greatest, most recognisable characters in the world, and decades of storylines to draw from, yet DC continually seem to want to veer away from them In all the wrong ways.

It'll be standalone, more likeley. It will never be branded Elseworlds, IMO.

Could also be introduced via Flashpoint.

It'll be standalone, more likeley. It will never be branded Elseworlds, IMO.

Could also be introduced via Flashpoint.
Yeah I totally agree. I'm just saying that this iteration of Superman doesn't shouldn't be seen as a replacement. At least I hope not.

As if imagination vacuum JJ Abrams isn't bad enough, Ta-Nehisi Coates is an awful red flag. The snake oil salesman behind much of critical race theory, can't see this ending well.
His Black Panther run was extremely average, and kinda boring. My comics-reading is currently 2-3 years behind, so I haven’t read what he’s been doing on Captain America (my favourite comics character), but I’ve not heard it’s good.

His Black Panther run was extremely average, and kinda boring. My comics-reading is currently 2-3 years behind, so I haven’t read what he’s been doing on Captain America (my favourite comics character), but I’ve not heard it’s good.
Extremely intelligent man, but probably shouldn't be writing comics.
As if imagination vacuum JJ Abrams isn't bad enough, Ta-Nehisi Coates is an awful red flag. The snake oil salesman behind much of critical race theory, can't see this ending well.
The impression I get is that his comic was more akin to reading a small dense novel not a graphic novel.

Last edited by a moderator:
At least there’s some nuggets out there that imply it will be based on one of the 2 more prominent multiverse Superman iterations, which would at least be sensible. However, as I’ve said multiple times, you have the IP to some of the greatest, most recognisable characters in the world, and decades of storylines to draw from, yet DC continually seem to want to veer away from them In all the wrong ways.

They're useless. Batman and Superman rule all, but they've been so badly handled. I've said before that if they could get their act together and do a proper Bats and Supes led Justice League, it should in all honesty blow anything Marvel has done out the water.

Not the most reputable of links, but it makes sense if true, and still leaves things open for Cavill -

1615408402250.png

Not #4

Edit
Or #2

Not the most reputable of links, but it makes sense if true, and still leaves things open for Cavill -

lol superman without clark kent, JJ needs booting out of hollywood already

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom