1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

superman 2

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by micks_address, Jul 22, 2004.

1. micks_address

micks_address

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +171
    Hi foks,

I was looking to pick up a copy of superman 2 and checked out dvdcompare. It reckons its a draw between all regions yet the region 2 scandanavian version has a dolby digital 5.1 soundtrack. I picked up this version from dvdoo but i was just wondering what the other regions are like or if anyone else had it? i watched it yesterday and the pic isn't great - the start is very grainy where the clips from the first film are being shown but it improves from there on. You'd know its age all the same..Just wondering if the region 2 uk has better pic?

Cheers,
    Mick

2. ian2k3

ian2k3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i own the region 2 and the picture is ok. its as good as the first superman.
    i heard on imdb there is a special edition being planned which will include all the missing footage that was only shown once in a tv version.

3. anephric

anephric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149
    This is the original Richard Donner version, before he got fired by the Salkinds and replaced by Richard Lester (who went on to do III) who reshot a lot of the script.

There are copyright tangles which prevented this from being issued on dvd -- there's a big thread about this on thedvdforums (from which I am currently banned for "insulting an Austrian".

:rolleyes:

4. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Did you insult Arnold Schwarzenegger and did i spell that right :)

5. anephric

anephric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149
    Hmmm, It wasn't Ahhhrrrnold Schwarzengrubber AFAIK: I didn't know the geezer in question was Austrian and he made a mention of Barton Fink: I (in perhaps poor judgment) referenced the line when John Goodman shoots the two detectives near the end: I won't repeat it as it got me banned once already).

I didn't mean anything by it, but it was decided I was a racist scumbag and I got banned. Fairness all round, methinks.

regards,
    anephric

6. phelings

phelings
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just sign up using a new username or use some software to block your IP address or to filter cookies

7. anephric

anephric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149
    I am aware of this (proxy servers/Junkbuster etc): I just can't be bothered as it's a matter of principle.