1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Superman 2 - R1

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Family Guy, May 14, 2001.

1. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone noticed any problems with their copies of the recently released SUPERMAN 2?
    My copy flashes in the first 15 minutes, paticularly during the cut scenes from Superman 1 in the opening titles. After that it settles down and is fine all the way through.
    Those good guys at www.pictureparadise.co.uk are going to exchange my copy for me but I was wondering whether anyone else had a problem or can I look forward to a pristine replacement?
    This film is so much better than the first one. It's criminal it didn't get the same treatment. Even a 5.1 soundtrack would have made all the difference and made me feel that at least Warner had made the effort.

2. h0l1yw0od

h0l1yw0od

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Mine does the same, but i only rememberit flickering on the sequences from Superman1 during the opening credits. I assume its just the quality of the footage or something, so chances are your new copy will be the same but keep us posted.

3. MJeeves

MJeeves

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +222
    Yep. Mine does the same as well although I only noticed it for about the first 5 minutes while the pre-credits sequence rolled. I spoke with Warner in the U.S. about this and they said that Superman 2 would be revisited someday but not for a while. The film is also a landmine of political and legal disputes so I really don't think we'll see any special edition stuff on it - which is a great shame.

4. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have got my disc back fro Picture Paradise and they said they couldn't see anything wrong with the disc itself and that it looks like it was the footage used in the conversion. Shame on you Warner!