SuperliveHD vs Hikvisions IVMS4500

Discussion in 'Smart Home, Climate Control & Security Forum' started by Jon Weaver, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Jon Weaver

Jon Weaver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Born in Bristol but now in Newport, (for my sins)
    Ratings:
    +723
    I am evaluating some CCTV boxes and am looking at the various iPAD apps that they use and have a number of concerns with each.

SuperLiveHD

- Not very slick
    + Quite Functional
    + Live playback quite nice with decent "grid" modes
    - Playback is shockingly back.. GUI bugs and no way to see where you are in the timeline

IVMS4500

+ Much slicker
    - Live view isn't as functional (gives 1x, 4x, and 9x grid)
    - Playback much better.
    ? Am surprised there is no way to "sync" the times of the various streams.. You can do it manually by pausing each stream, but a button to do just "sync" would make sense
    - No 'setup' or "admin" options available.

What other apps are out there for each box? Does anyone have any experience with SuperLive or IVMS4500 who might be able to give me their experiences?

Jon

2. Yummy mummy

Yummy mummy
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Jon. I have Superlive hd on my iPad and Superlive pro on my iPhone. I have found when you do a search, the search times on the iPad are 1 hour ahead of the real time. If for instance you search the time 12.30 -3.00 the real time shows 11.30 one hour behind etc it's really annoying. Plus on the search there are 2 sets of dates the bottom one is out of sync. Ie. If the date is Saturday 21st may the second set show Monday 21st may. Also I can not stop the playback it's continuous and no option to take a photo or just study the frozen picture.
    I have emailed the peng antai the developer of the app but have had no reply even after sending 4 emails. The app is OK other than that. I am now wondering if I update my iPad and iPhone with the new iOS 9.3.2 upgrade will this effect the app and will it still work.
    Hope to hear your views.
    My cctv was installed by a company and this was the app they use.

Last edited: May 20, 2016